Thursday 16 May 2013

Blog Every Day in May - Blog 16 - Pampering

Image courtesy of anat_tikker / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

 Whilst I love a good soak in the bath, it's such a regular occurrence that I'm not sure I'd call it pampering. In fact, it's so regular that my husband's currently trying cure my addiction. Similarly, I have my hair cut every other month and go to a beauty salon once a month but I'm never there long enough to feel pampered. 

Probably the one real bit of pampering is when I have a spa day with friends. I've been to the Malvern Spa twice in the last few years and thoroughly enjoyed it both times. We normally arrive at about 10ish and change into our robes and slippers. Our day is then taken up with soaking in the hydrotherapy pool being pummelled by the water jets, lying chatting on loungers (outside, if we're lucky with the weather), sitting on the sofas in the lounge drinking tea, eating lunch or having treatments followed by a snooze in the chill out room. It'd also be rude not to try out the salt grotto, sauna, steam room and mood showers, so we always fit those in too. Between us we've tried out various massages, manicures and pedicures, to preen us and iron away stress. The only time I got to wear a bikini last year was at a spa day, which coincided with one of the few sunny days of the year. Perfect. By the end of the day we normally feel thoroughly spoilt and relaxed and wish we could do it more often.

I stayed at a hotel recently with a spa but didn't get to try it out as I was feeling a bit under the weather. Terrible timing. I'd hope to get a spa day in at some point this year. I'd also love to try the Thermae Spa in Bath as I've heard such good things about it. Perhaps this will be the year.

Blog Every Day in May badge

No comments:

Post a Comment