Friday 25 April 2014

Spring has sprung

Although the weather's still a little unpredictable, it's nice to know that Spring is here. The sunshine makes everywhere look more welcoming and the garden looks much better now that it's sprouting. The light evenings make such a difference, especially to my afternoon commute, even if the light mornings mean I'm awake before my alarm goes off!

We've planted up hanging baskets and troughs and they all seem to be doing well, despite being hit by a frost on their first morning. Hopefully by putting them out early their roots will have spread before our first long, dry spell.

I've nipped into the garden a few times over the past month or so, whenever we have some nice weather, to make the most of it. I've included some of my favourite photos below of the garden bursting into life.

Wedding cake tree
Wedding cake tree
Tree in bud
Ornamental cherry tree
Ornamental cherry tree
Violas
CrocusLadybird
Yellow flowerForget me not
Yellow flower
White flower
Blue flower
Tree in leaf
Bluebell
Cherry blossom

No comments:

Post a Comment